Are you planning a trip to Ooty, but not sure which airport is the nearest or how much it costs to access airport lounges at Bangalore airport? Look no further than this ultimate guide to the nearest airport to Ooty and Bangalore airport lounge prices. In this guide, we'll provide you with all the information you need to make your travel experience comfortable and stress-free, including the pros and cons of each airport option, the flight options to the nearest airport, the different airport lounges available at Bangalore airport, and the transportation options from Bangalore airport to Ooty. Let's dive in!
Nearest Airport to Ooty
If you're planning a trip to Ooty, the nearest airport is Coimbatore International Airport. While there are other nearby airports, Coimbatore International Airport is the most convenient option for travelers visiting Ooty.
Pros and Cons of Each Airport Option
Calicut International Airport is another nearby airport, located approximately 140 kilometers from Ooty. While it has a good number of domestic and international flights, getting to Ooty from this airport can be a bit of a hassle. The journey can take up to 4 hours by road, and there are limited transportation options.
Kempegowda International Airport in Bangalore is located approximately 300 kilometers from Ooty. While there are direct flights to this airport from major cities and international destinations, getting to Ooty from Bangalore can take up to 8 hours by road. This makes Coimbatore International Airport the most convenient option for travelers visiting Ooty.
How to Get from Coimbatore International Airport to Ooty
To get to Ooty from Coimbatore International Airport, you can hire a taxi or take a private car. The journey takes approximately 3 hours and can cost between INR 2,500 to INR 3,500. Alternatively, you can take a bus from Coimbatore to Ooty. The journey takes approximately 4 hours and costs between INR 200 to INR 400.
Insider Tips for Traveling to Ooty
Here are some insider tips from experienced travelers to make the most out of your trip to Ooty:
- Visit during the off-season: To avoid crowds and enjoy lower prices, consider visiting Ooty during the off-season. The months of March to June and September to November are generally less crowded and offer pleasant weather.
- Pack warm clothing: Ooty's weather can be quite chilly, especially in the evenings and early mornings. Make sure to pack warm clothing, such as sweaters and jackets, to stay comfortable.
- Try the local cuisine: Ooty is known for its delicious local cuisine, including the popular snack known as Ooty Varkey. Be sure to try some of the local delicacies during your visit.
- Visit the tea plantations: Ooty is home to some of the most beautiful tea plantations in India. Take a guided tour to learn about the process of tea production and enjoy stunning views of the landscape.
Flight Options to Nearest Airport
If you're planning to travel to Ooty, Coimbatore International Airport is the most convenient airport option. This airport is well-connected to major cities in India, as well as several international destinations. Some of the airlines that fly to this airport include Air India, IndiGo, SpiceJet, and Emirates.
Direct Flights to Coimbatore International Airport
Several airlines offer direct flights to Coimbatore International Airport from major cities in India, including Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, and Bangalore. These direct flights offer travelers a convenient and time-saving option to get to Ooty quickly.
International Flights to Coimbatore International Airport
Coimbatore International Airport also offers several international flights from destinations such as Sharjah, Singapore, and Colombo. These international flights provide travelers with an easy and hassle-free way to reach Ooty from abroad.
Seasonal or Limited-Time Flight Options
During peak season, some airlines may offer seasonal or limited-time flight options to Coimbatore International Airport. These flights provide travelers with more options to reach Ooty during the busy travel season.
Kempegowda International Airport, also known as Bangalore Airport, is the primary international airport serving the city of Bangalore, the capital of the Indian state of Karnataka. Opened in May 2008, it is named after Kempegowda I, the founder of Bangalore.
Located approximately 40 kilometers north of the city near the village of Devanahalli, the airport is spread over 4,000 acres and is the third busiest airport in India by passenger traffic. It is operated by Bangalore International Airport Limited (BIAL), a public-private consortium.
The airport is a hub for several major airlines and offers both domestic and international flights. It is well-equipped with modern facilities and amenities, including a range of dining and shopping options, lounges, and services for the convenience of travelers.
Kempegowda International Airport is known for its sustainable practices and has received several awards for its environmental initiatives. It is also the first airport in India to be fully powered by solar energy. With its continuous efforts towards enhancing passenger experience and commitment to sustainability, Bangalore Airport plays a crucial role in the region's air travel infrastructure.
Additional Airport Lounges at Bangalore Airport
Apart from the lounges mentioned earlier in this guide, there are other airport lounges available at Bangalore airport that provide a comfortable experience to travelers. Here are some other lounges to consider:
- Above Ground Level Lounge (International Departures)
- Above Ground Level Lounge (Domestic Arrivals)
- The Oasis Lounge (Domestic Departures)
- The Leela Lounge (International Departures)
- The American Express Lounge (Domestic Departures)
Each of these lounges offers various amenities, such as comfortable seating, free Wi-Fi, and refreshments. Prices for accessing these lounges vary depending on the duration of your stay and the lounge you choose.
Amenities and Features of Each Lounge
- Plaza Premium Lounge - Located in the international departures area, this lounge offers comfortable seating, free Wi-Fi, and a buffet spread of snacks and beverages.
- Above Ground Level Lounge - Located in the domestic departures area, this lounge offers comfortable seating, a buffet spread of snacks and beverages, and access to showers.
- The Lounge - Located in the international departures area, this lounge offers comfortable seating, free Wi-Fi, a buffet spread of snacks and beverages, and access to showers.
Bangalore Airport Lounge Prices
The cost of accessing airport lounges at Bangalore airport varies depending on the lounge you choose and the duration of your stay. The Plaza Premium Lounge costs INR 1,200 for a 2-hour stay, while the Above Ground Level Lounge costs INR 1,000 for a 2-hour stay. The Lounge costs INR 1,500 for a 2-hour stay.
Discounts and Promotions
There are several ways to save money on airport lounge access at Bangalore airport. Some credit cards offer free lounge access as a perk, so be sure to check if your credit card offers this benefit. Additionally, some lounges offer discounts if you book in advance or if you are a member of a loyalty program.
Pros and Cons of Taking a Bus from Bangalore to Ooty
While taking a bus from Bangalore to Ooty may be a budget-friendly option, there are some pros and cons to consider before booking your ticket:
- Affordable: Taking a bus is generally the most affordable option for getting to Ooty from Bangalore.
- Scenic route: The journey from Bangalore to Ooty is incredibly scenic, with stunning views of the countryside and mountains along the way.
- Time-consuming: The journey from Bangalore to Ooty can take up to 7 hours, which may not be ideal if you're short on time.
- Uncomfortable: Buses in India can be crowded and uncomfortable, especially if you're traveling during peak season. Additionally, the roads can be bumpy and rough, which may not be suitable for those who get motion sickness.
By considering these pros and cons, you can make an informed decision about whether taking a bus from Bangalore to Ooty is the right choice for you.
In conclusion, planning a trip to Ooty can be made much easier by knowing the nearest airport and the cost of accessing airport lounges at Bangalore airport. Coimbatore International Airport is the most convenient option for travelers visiting Ooty, and it offers several transportation options to get to your destination. If you decide to fly into Bangalore, there are also several transportation options available. Additionally, accessing airport lounges at Bangalore airport can provide a comfortable and relaxing experience before your flight. With these tips and recommendations, you're now equipped to plan your trip to Ooty with ease. Don't forget to pack warm clothes, book your accommodations in advance, and respect the local customs and traditions. Happy travels!
Answers To Common Questions
Q.Who operates Coimbatore International Airport?
A.Coimbatore International Airport is operated by the Airports Authority of India.
Q.What is the distance between Bangalore and Ooty?
A.Bangalore to Ooty is approximately 300 kilometers by road.
Q.How much time does it take to reach Ooty from Coimbatore International Airport?
A.It takes approximately 3 hours by taxi or private car, and 4 hours by bus.
Q.What if I don't want to pay for airport lounge access?
A.Bangalore airport offers several free seating areas with charging points and Wi-Fi.
Q.How much does it cost to access the Plaza Premium Lounge at Bangalore airport?
A.It costs INR 1,200 for a 2-hour stay at the Plaza Premium Lounge.
Q.What if I experience motion sickness during the bus journey from Bangalore to Ooty?
A.Consider taking medication for motion sickness or splurging on a private car or taxi instead.